payd inc. is looking to shrink student debt and grow as a company. That’s why we are hiring for an Communications and Marketing Internship.
But first, what the hell is payd?
payd is North America’s first and only financial management platform created specifically for students (future, current and past.) As former students, we understand the stress and hardship that comes with giant loans. So, we developed a program that will help them pay off their debts easier than ever before. Think of us as a piggy bank. But a really, really smart one that gets filled every time you buy a coffee.
Interesting right? Well, we’re looking for some help. More specifically someone who harbours the analytical skills to make sense of big data and the digital marketing skills to create an impact. The catch? There’s none. We are a new startup and you will have the opportunity to grow as we do.
Sounds great? That’s because it is. In this position, you’ll:
- Work directly with payd’s Creative Director, CEO and Marketing Agency by creating online content to help reach target audiences.
- Create new content strategies for financial literacy.
- Write, review, edit and update content for websites, blogs, short form and long form educational materials.
- Have a strong understanding of our ideal user and create content that speaks to their pain points, desires fulfillments.
- Research industry-related topics and trends to create industry specific content for lead generation and subscription fulfillment.
- Prepare well-structured drafts with a keen attention to detail, grammar and brand voice.
- Create marketing and distribution copy to promote freebies.
- Assist and coordinate with the creative team for the design of internal and external content pieces.
- Have a strong understanding of Social Media Marketing and the needs of small business owners.
- Ideate and write copy for conversion-focused email funnels.
What you need to have:
- Previous experience as a content creator.
- Prior experience creating strategic & engaging content in the brand voice of another person or company besides your own.
- Excellent Communication Skills – Strong Grammar/Spelling Skills
- A creative spirit.
- Commitment and adhere to deadlines
- Adaptability- You are able to be fluid and flexible in a fast paced work environment. Stress? What’s that?
- Time management – You’re always on time and you know how to protect others’ time so they can focus on their own tasks.
- Humility and Service – You focus on how you can build a vision bigger than the founder, and yourself, in service of our customers and their dreams.
- You’re a born GO GETTER – always looking for ways to add value, do better work, improve efficiencies, build others up, and make the world a better place
….and it would be great if you had:
- Experience with digital marketing and SEO
- Basic to intermediate understanding of analytics and reporting for social media
- Experience collaborating with and project managing in a remote team
We believe the work we’re doing is important and valuable to society. Because of this, we’re:
- Big thinkers and hard workers.
- Excited about facing big challenges.
- Supportive of each other and jump in to help when needed.
- Fiercely Competitive.
Payd is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.